The Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation have created a "Biodiversity Fund" to respond to the need for urgent action to solve "hot" environmental issues in Bulgaria.
By donating, you become part of a community united around the dream of preserved and wild nature, the dream of a clean and healthy environment for all!
For what to donate?
If you donate to the Biodiversity Fund, your funds will be used responsibly and transparently to:
You can donate to THE DALMATION LORD OF THE LAKE!
- solving "hot" environmental protection problems - man-made disasters such as fires, floods, etc., local environmental disasters, excessive use of natural resources;
- the protection of protected areas and creation of mechanisms for broad public participation in their management;
- legal expenses related to the cases that the BSE conducts;
- purchase of valuable natural areas where habitats are at risk;
- protection of conservation-important ecosystems and species;
- environmental education adapted to the needs of different age groups;
- environmental protection activities in the maintained Atanasovsko Lake reserve and the Natura 2000 area.
Dalmatian pelicans are the largest flying birds in the world, which are not only found in Bulgaria but can be easily observed even in a large city like Burgas. Arranged in neat rows, silently and in incredible synchrony, these amazing birds float so lightly in the air, as if they were ethereal creatures, not 15 kg flying fortresses.
The lakes of Burgas - Atanasovsko, Vaya and Mandra are some of the most important for pelicans during wintering and migration. Then here you can observe aggregations of several hundred to over a thousand individuals.
In order to promote and preserve this remarkable species, the BSF launched a special campaign in 2022 to provoke the interest of young people. If you also want to help protect the curly-headed lord of the lakes - make a donation using some of the methods described on the site!